Nba 2k20 symbols above head
WoodSolutions Technical Design Guide: Timber Garden Retaining Walls Up to 1.0 m High A design and construction guide for architects, designers, builders, landscapers and experienced DIY'ers. Timber sleepers or round posts and logs can be used to create effective and relatively inexpensive garden edges, steps and walls to terrace sloping sites. ERS that appear as 2010 Standard Plans or Revised Standard Plans are: • Retaining Walls – Type 1, 1A, 5 and 6 • Crib Walls – made of reinforced concrete or steel ERS that appear as Bridge Standard Details are • Retaining Walls – Type 7 • Modified Retaining Walls supporting sound walls, Type 1SW series and Type 5SW series and Type 7SW series • Mechanically Stabilized Embankment (MSE) 4”, 6”, and 8” Masonry Wall Detail • Construction shall comply with the currently adopted International Building Code. • Walls/fences over four (4) feet require a zoning review and approval. • Walls/fences not over seven (7) feet shall not require a building review and approval. The Standard Range. 1m retaining wall; 1.5m retaining wall; 1.75m retaining wall; 2m retaining wall; 2.5m retaining wall; 3m retaining wall; 3.75m retaining wall; Corner unit; Interlocking joint; Finishes & Textures. Image Gallery; Technical Information. Loading Options; Storage Estimator; QuickLift Handling Guide; Quotation; Contact Segmental Retaining Walls Retain-A-Rock™ is a true gravity block retaining wall system designed around a 2.23 square metre (24 sq ft) precast concrete block. Relying on its mass and interlocking design, there’s no need for mechanical tie backs for most walls up to 3.66m high (12’ ft). Nov 01, 2010 · Designing retaining walls. When a building consent is required, the wall must be specifically designed by a registered engineer. Concrete masonry retaining walls can be designed in accordance with the following New Zealand standards (but it is prudent to have the design checked and inspected by a structural engineer):
Glass front bookcase antique
Retaining and Flood Walls: 9/29/1989: EM 1110-2-2503: CECW-EP: Design of Sheet Pile Cellular Structures Cofferdams and Retaining Structures: 6/11/1990: EM 1110-2-2504: CECW-ED: Design of Sheet Pile Walls: 3/31/1994: EM 1110-2-2602: CECW-ED: Planning and Design of Navigation Locks: 9/30/1995: EM 1110-2-2607: CECW-ED: Planning and Design of ... Retaining Wall Cost The average cost of building a retaining wall is $5,563. Most homeowners find themselves spending between $3,184 and $8,652. The cost of retaining wall materials ranges from $3 to $40 per square foot. Wall block prices fall between $10 and $15 per square foot, while precase, poured concrete runs $20 to $25. Retaining walls must be detailed on plans submitted to the Division of Public Works and signed by a licensed civil engineer. Note: Wall detail, as shown, does not show required gravel backfill. Backfill shall be at least 12" thick and extend from top of footing to within 2 feet of surface. Gravel backfill shall be 3/4" crushed rock.Segmental retaining walls are modular block retaining walls used for vertical grade change applications. The walls are designed and constructed as either gravity retaining walls (conventional) or reinforced soil retaining walls.
- Retaining Walls A retaining wall is any structure that “retains” or holds back earth. It can be a decorative feature such as a raised flower bed or a structural necessity, like a retaining wall built to level ground before building a structure.
- A 10 year workmanship warranty comes standard on all of our retaining walls. You are covered for the next decade and can have confidence that your retaining wall will stand the test of time knowing that each of our retaining wall contracts come with a longstanding warranty. Apr 23, 2014 · Counterfort retaining wall; Free-standing gravity retaining walls. Free-standing gravity retaining walls rely on the self weight of the mass concrete for stability. Providing toe in this retaining wall increases both the resistance to overturning and sliding. Because of the large section flexure and shear are not critical. The design is concerned mainly with keeping the resultant force within the middle third of the base to prevent the base from losing contact with the soil at the heel. Retaining Wall System Field Installation Guidelines 7 Design Guide and Software The table below is a guide outlining the documentation required when constructing an Anchorbloc™ wall. Any Anchorbloc™ retaining wall exceeding 1.5 metres tall will require an independent design completed by a Chartered
- Feb 26, 2002 · The objective of this Standard is to provide designers of earth-retaining structures with design criteria and guidance for use in design applications. The terms ‘informative’ has been used in this Standard to define the application of the appendix to which it applies. An ‘informative’ appendix is only for information and guidance. Particularly, retaining walls can assist you on keeping the soil on one side of the structure, enabling a lower floor level on the other side of the wall. In the past years, people frequently used concrete for inexpensive retaining wall ideas since it functions well, solid, and dependable. However, concrete doesn't look great aesthetically.
- Mar 20, 2020 · A retaining wall system is required if the elevation difference cannot be maintained with a maximum allowable ground slope per design standards. The intent of the wall limit shall be clearly defined on the drawings, including details for the wall ends. Private walls in the right-of-way should be minimized to the greatest extent possible. Segmental retaining wall units are often finished with a decorative color and/or texture. Units are manufactured to conform to ASTM C1372 Standard Specification for Dry-Cast Segmental Retaining Wall Units. The standard includes notes to the purchaser about specifying optional characteristics such as weight classification, high compressive ...
- Impervious surface within 10' of the foundation must be sloped 2% minimum. Minimum 12" wide, class 2 aggregate base rock or crushed rock wrapped in an approved non-woven filter membrane. A minimum of 2" must be below the drainage pipe and 6" minimum above the pipe. portions of an old cyclopean masonry rock retaining wall in Cincinnati. Detail shown at upper right. These two zones likely transmitted more subsurafec seepage than the adjacent zones. Paucity of subdrainage drainage is the second most common mode of retaining walls failure (the most common being dry rot).
- Keystone Retaining Wall S… Keystone Specification Gu… Keystone Construction Man… Keystone Design Manual Keystone Century Wall® De… Keystone Country Manor® S… Keystone Standard & Compa… Keystone Verazzo Stone® D… ICC-ES Evaluation DESIGN AND DETAILING OF RETAINING WALLS (For class held from 2nd April 07) Dr. M. C. Nataraja, Professor, Civil Engineering Department, Sri Jayachamarajendra Collge of Engineering, Mysore-5a70 006 Phone: 0821-2343521, 9880447742 e-mail: [email protected] Definition: Retaining walls are usually built to hold back soil mass. However, retaining ... Interlocking-block walls don't require a footing, but some styles require you to set the first course in a trench to hold the bottom of the wall in place. Cut the slope back 12 to 15 inches from the rear of the trench to leave room for gravel backfill and a drainpipe—a must for retaining walls.
- There are very few town or state building code standards regarding retaining wall construction. Our retaining wall installers follow the guidelines from the National Concrete Masonry Association or NCMA. NCMA has provided recommendations for retaining wall installers and has become the standard for best practices in the industry.
- Standard BS 8002 (British Standards Institution 1994). (3) ... Thus, it is very important for engineers to design optimum and safe retaining walls. The objectives of this study are to evaluate the ... Standard. Our original, most popular unit, the Standard unit is the backbone of VERSA-LOK retaining wall systems. The unit’s solid construction and unique pinning system provide an endless array of design options, hardcore durability and the fastest, easiest installation available. Not only straight retaining walls, but also curves, corners, columns, stairs and freestanding walls are possible with the Standard unit, making it a universal favorite among homeowners, contractors and landscape ...
- BIM – Revit® Design Files; Credit Application; Terms & Conditions – Masonry; Hardscapes. Residential; Structural/Commercial. Structural Retaining Walls. CornerStone® 100; Regal Stone Pro® Keystone® Standard III; Keystone® Compac III; MagnumStone™ Mesa® Wall; Rosetta® Outcropping; Stonegate® Stonegate Contemporary® StoneLedge ... The design variables of the problem are thickness of stem wall, thickness of base slab, width of the heel, width of the toe, area of steel reinforcement for the stem wall and base slab. The objective function was to minimise the total cost of the wall, which includes costs of concrete, steel, forming, and excavation.
- Aug 07, 2020 · Block retaining walls are generally the same as freestanding block walls but with a few important differences. A retaining wall must provide a way to release the water that builds up in the slope behind it. Without a pressure-relief system, the weight of the water in the soil would crack or even buckle the wall. mounted and the design of the foundations of ground-mounted sound barriers. Structure-mounted sound barriers are those mounted directly on bridge decks, retaining walls, or on top of vehicular railings mounted on bridge decks or retaining walls. C15.1 This Section specifies the design forces, and the desig n Jun 20, 2012 · Cantilever retaining walls have been the most common type of retaining walls. Proper drainage behind cantilever retaining walls is mostly provided and ground water table remains at or below the foundation subgrade during the wall design lifetime.
- The VERSA-LOK Standard Retaining Wall System is a permanent, attractive, preferred alternative to ordinary retaining wall types. Standard walls display a natural split-face texture to complement any environment and, because they are made of concrete, are environmentally safe.
- Sketches of the retaining wall forces should be considered to properly distinguish the different forces acting on our retaining wall as tackled in the previous article, Retaining Wall: A Design Approach. Based on our example in Figure A.1, we have the forces due to soil pressure, due to water and surcharge load to consider.
Graph theory ppt slideshare
The Borealis wall replicates the wood garden wall look into a maintenance-free, more durable concrete option. Inspired by the use of railroad ties in both traditional and modern landscape design, the Borealis wall/edge’s versatility extends from simple edging for flowerbeds all the way to the creation of garden walls and outdoor kitchens. Proper retaining wall design requires evaluation of the following: 1. Select the retaining wall location. Minimize soil excavation and backfill. Optimize grading and drainage patterns. Consider existing site features. 2. Determine retaining wall height and geometry. Calculate the retaining wall height at its tallest position. A retaining wall of light stacked stone that is uniform in color and size. The ground above the stones is covered in a thick groundcover. A simple retaining wall that creates a raised gardening plot filled with petunias, black-eyed susans, and other members of the daisy family. A retaining perimeter wall around the wooden backyard patio. The ...
Created Date: 4/23/2019 8:39:19 AM There are many materials that can be used to construct retaining walls. The most common ones include natural stone, precast concrete blocks, poured concrete and even timber. James ShankAugust 2, 2015 at 6:54 am. Your retaining wall design will determine how you mark the area. To mark a freeform layout, use a rope or hose to outline the shape. Then use a shovel to mark the outline. For straight lines, mark the entire bed area with stakes, string and marking paint. Retaining walls under 1.0m Tall. Retaining walls 1.0m to 2.1m tall. Retaining walls 2.1m to 4.1m tall. Check out our range of Gabion Sizes and Prices
Building permit oahu
Retaining walls need to have a ceratain amount of pitchback - or batter - about 1" back for every 12" of height. This rule applies only to retaining walls, but accent walls also benefit aesthetically and, to a degree, structurally from this construction technique. Retaining Walls A retaining wall is any structure that “retains” or holds back earth. It can be a decorative feature such as a raised flower bed or a structural necessity, like a retaining wall built to level ground before building a structure. Oct 09, 2020 · The interlocking retaining wall block can be used to build walls up to 24 to 36 inches high, depending on the size of the block. Follow the block manufacturer's instructions for wall height limits. Plan your layout. Avoid having downspouts pointed at the retaining wall and, if it's against the house, keep soil and mulch well below the siding.
Stewart lee comedy vehicle quakers
02 PROCTS Galintel® Retaining Wall Post Installation Guide RETAINING WALL POST 100MM SERIES TO SUIT 75MM SLEEPERS Other lengths available on request & conditions apply. Available standard length range – 100mm Series: (m) 0.9 1.2 1.5 1.8 2.1 2.4 2.7 3.0 90° Joiner Steel weight guide: 17kg/m 90° Corner Post Retaining Walls Retaining wall footings need to be designed to counter the lateral force exerted on the wall by the soil it is retaining. For this reason, the footing and wall should be designed as one piece in an ‘L’ shape. see illustration The footing should contain reinforcement steel and starter bars. The starter bars design elements, such as embankments, cut slopes, retaining walls covered in this document for new infrastructure projects, the minimum design life shall be 100 years. Refer Clause 6 of this document for the required design life for remediation of existing slopes and embankments. 2 Embankments 2.1 General requirements should also be provided in the base of the wall. Designing retaining walls When a building consent is required, the wall must be specifically designed by a registered engineer. Concrete masonry retaining walls can be designed in accordance with the following New Zealand standards (but it is prudent to have the design checked and inspected by aRootlok applies standard soil stabilisation practices and engineering methods to build retaining walls at near vertical angles. The systems simple design creates a ‘segmented’ wall face that easily integrates vegetation into the systems performance. Oct 09, 2020 · The interlocking retaining wall block can be used to build walls up to 24 to 36 inches high, depending on the size of the block. Follow the block manufacturer's instructions for wall height limits. Plan your layout. Avoid having downspouts pointed at the retaining wall and, if it's against the house, keep soil and mulch well below the siding. Includes foundation centered on wall as well as eccentric (offset) foundation. CMU retaining wall with optional 6-foot CMU screen wall above. Minimum clearance from fire hydrant to fences and walls. Requirements for constructing a 24-inch by 24-inch masonry pilaster. Standard: This is a standard health and safety issue. A repair, correction, or act of abatement for this deficiency should occur within 30 days. How to Inspect: Visual Observation: Look at the entire retaining wall for signs of collapse. Record deficiency if: all or part of the retaining wall has collapsed.Garden Wall(4” high x 12” wide x 9” deep) product to two feet in height, or six blocks in height total. The Keystone Legacy Block (6” high x 16” wide x 10½” deep) product is recommended when the retaining wall is supporting a sloping backfill, any other surcharge, or a solid fence. Tiered Retaining Walls. If your retaining wall is over 1m you will need to angle your posts. Angle the hole to allow posts to lean back towards the area being retained at a ratio of 1:10 (so the posts lean 100mm for every 1m of height). Brace and concrete posts. Place a string line 50mm out from the front face of your post.
Journal of popular culture
Dec 17, 2020 · 11.11.1 T-shaped gravity wall retaining dry fill (undrained analysis) Example 11.1 considers the design of a T-shaped gravity wall retaining dry fill, as shown in Figure 11.10. Even though the wall is founded on clay, the backfill has been assumed to be granular (which would be typical for this type of wall). Keystone Retaining Walls sets the worldwide standard for excellence and innovation in the hardscape industry. As the first U.S. segmental retaining wall enterprise, Keystone has cultivated a portfolio that includes not only the best structural concrete retaining wall systems, but versatile and stylish landscape and do-it-yourself products, such ... Segmental Retaining Walls can be used for tall critical wall structures, or lower scale walls with challenging geometry and site demands. Landscaping walls are ideal for non-critical retaining walls, free standing walls, columns, benches, outdoor kitchens, and more. MaytRx Wall Stone: Keystone Stonegate Country Manor: Keystone Insignia Wall: EarthStone: CornerStone 100. Segmental Retaining Wall Keystone Compac. Segmental Retaining Wall > Keystone Standard. Segmental Retaining Wall Retaining walls - Designing Buildings Wiki - Share your construction industry knowledge. Retaining walls are vertical or near-vertical structures designed to retain material on one side, preventing it from collapsing or slipping or preventing erosion. They provide support to terrain where the soil’s angle of repose is exceeded and it would otherwise collapse into a more natural form. The ... In most BC districts retaining walls that are over 1.2 meters (3.9ft) in height will require a building permit. In addition any retaining walls over 1.2 meters (3.9ft) in height must be designed and signed off by a geotechnical and structural engineer to ensure the wall is properly constructed for your site conditions. Earth Retaining Walls and Reinforced Slopes. Engineers who need to maximise the area of development but are faced with difficult and varied terrain can choose from a wide range of earth retaining options – reinforced concrete, gabions, crib walls, sheet piling and structural brickwork, and more. The wall consists of interlocking bored piles. Primary piles are constructed first using a 'soft' cement-bentonite mix (commonly 1N/ mm2) or 'firm' concrete (commonly 10N/mm2). Secondary piles, formed in structural reinforced concrete, are then installed between the primary piles with a typical interlock of 150mm.
Warframe launcher won t update
Retaining walls must be detailed on plans submitted to the Division of Public Works and signed by a licensed civil engineer. Note: Wall detail, as shown, does not show required gravel backfill. Backfill shall be at least 12" thick and extend from top of footing to within 2 feet of surface. Gravel backfill shall be 3/4" crushed rock. Retaining Walls Design and Structural Integrity of Existing Walls Retaining walls are a common feature of all construction sites. Despite being relatively simple structures, the development and conception of retaining walls prior to construction is not founded in proper Engineering principles set out in the relevant Australian Standard, AS 4678 ...
Colonie town board agenda
Find your bridge construction retaining wall easily amongst the 17 products from the leading brands on ArchiExpo, the architecture and design specialist for your professional purchases. MasterKey: Retaining Wall Design analyses and designs both reinforced and unreinforced concrete and masonry gravity retaining walls to the Eurocode, British Standard and other international standards.
Nodemcu pcb layout
the gabion earth retaining wall works and any associated works, which may influence the performance of the gabion earth retaining wall , in accordance with the Design and normally accepted standards, procedures and workmanship. Intec Consulting (UK) Ltd are to be notified immediately in the event of any h 0.4h to 0.7h 0.7h h/12 to h/8 h/12 to h/10 h/7.5 to h/4.25 cantilever retaining wall segmental retaining wall with geogrid r assumed plane of rupture The stability of retaining wall structures designed with these guidelines and using Tensar Geogrids has been verified through the monitoring of instrumented wall structures since 1985. The design guidelines and values recommended for Tensar Geogrids are not applicable for, and Concrete retaining walls are often used in gardens and other outdoor landscapes to provide a greater degree of support to the vertically-slanting slopes. This helps in the retention of soil which if left unattended, has a tendency to collapse, adversely affecting the landscape of the garden and the adjoining areas. This study focuses on the optimum design retaining walls, as one of the familiar types of the retaining walls which may be constructed of stone masonry, unreinforced concrete, or reinforced concrete. The material cost is one of the major factors in the construction of gravity retaining walls therefore, minimizing the weight or volume of these systems can reduce the cost. SEGMENTAL CONCRETE BLOCK RETAINING WALL 02/20 ***** NOTE: This guide specification covers the requirements for segmental concrete block retaining walls. This section was originally developed for USACE Civil Works projects. Adhere to UFC 1-300-02 Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS) Format Standard when editing Mar 16, 2018 · Basics of Retaining Wall Design A design guide for earth retaining structures. 10th Edition. Hugh Brooks Civil and Structural Engineer John P. Nielsen Civil and Geotechnical Engineer engineers in retaining wall design. INTRODUCTION In December 1991 Standards Australia issued, as a draft for an Australian Standard on retaining walls, the British Standard on reinforced soils. However, because this Standard was a voluminous document and disputed by many groups in Australia, a committee was Keystone’s Stonegate Country Manor combines an elegant weathered stone appearance with almost endless design possibilities. This versatile wall system allows for the easy creation of gravity retaining walls up to 3-feet in height*, free-standing walls, and outdoor living elements such as kitchens, fireplaces, fire pits, benches and more.
Assalamualaikum good morning quotes in urdu
JULY 2016 LRFD BRIDGE DESIGN 11-1 This section contains guidance for the design and detailing of abutments, piers, retaining walls, and noise walls. Abutments and piers are used to support bridge superstructures, whereas walls primarily function as earth retaining structures. In most cases, abutments, piers, and walls are Moreover, gabion retaining walls have a lower carbon footprint than traditional concrete retaining walls of the same size in terms of CO2 emissions. Durable. Our gabion walls are designed to last since they’re flexible and are able to move with the earth. Retaining Wall System Field Installation Guidelines 7 Design Guide and Software The table below is a guide outlining the documentation required when constructing an Anchorbloc™ wall. Any Anchorbloc™ retaining wall exceeding 1.5 metres tall will require an independent design completed by a Chartered
Ypww lessons 2018
Keystone Retaining Wall Systems, Inc. is an environmentally conscious company committed to shaping the future of green building and design. As the worldwide leader for innovation and excellence within the segmental retaining wall industry, Keystone offers a wide range of site solutions that respond to green building and construction needs. You can check or design just about any basement wall or retaining wall in minutes. QuickWall has been the industry standard for more than 20 years and with good reason: simplicity and versatility. QuickWall Basement Retaining Wall Design Program. At Digital Canal, we know what you need in order to design masonry or cast-in-place concrete walls.
250cc dirt bike 2 stroke
Segmental retaining walls are modular block retaining walls used for vertical grade change applications. The walls are designed and constructed as either gravity retaining walls (conventional) or reinforced soil retaining walls. An EnviroGrid® retaining wall or steepened slope can be constructed in almost any situation where a rapid change of grade is desired and can be used in both fill and cut applications. In fill applications, a retaining wall consisting of an EnviroGrid® facing element and a geogrid reinforced soil zone is a cost-effective option. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Our original, most popular unit, the Standard unit is the backbone of VERSA-LOK retaining wall systems. The unit's solid construction and unique pinning system provide an endless array of design options, hardcore durability and the fastest, easiest installation available. This expertise has been built up over 100 years of solving retaining structure problems. Up-to-date solutions and tools. We develop solutions and use design tools in accordance with the latest generation of technical standards and design approaches. Consequently, we design, manufacture and supply high quality durable materials which enhance the ...
Cancun beaches open or closed
Design Compliance with the Building Permit. This certificate ensures that the Retaining Wall complies with relevant Australian Standards and Building Code of Australia. DISCLAIMER This information sheet is correct as at June 2019 and may be subject to alteration without notice. RETAINING WALLS staad-pro-retaining-wall-analysis-and-design 2/6 Downloaded from haighteration.com on January 1, 2021 by guest information to improve current building and bridge design and construction practices and enhance their sustainability during and after seismic events. In this book, Khan explains the latest theory, design applications and Code Provisions. should also be provided in the base of the wall. Designing retaining walls When a building consent is required, the wall must be specifically designed by a registered engineer. Concrete masonry retaining walls can be designed in accordance with the following New Zealand standards (but it is prudent to have the design checked and inspected by aOur TetraWal range of retaining wall solutions include: steel joiner posts, capping options and sleepers to create large or small scale retaining wall installations. All steel joiner posts are hot dip galvanized to AS/NZS4680 and comply with AS/NZS 3679-2010 for steel strength, composition and corrosion protection. Simple retaining walls can be constructed using basic principles Like the third rule So usually a mass will retain 3 times its width. As the retained element gets less nearer the top the wall... Any wall that sustains significant lateral soil pressure is a retaining wall. However, the term is usually used with reference to a cantilever retaining wall, which is a freestanding wall without lateral support at its top.Listings in Kitchens, Retaining Walls, Storage and Web Design in Denver, Wheat Ridge and Erie Showing 10 of 14 results. Categories AROUND THE HOUSE 98. Kitchens 10 ... Oct 14, 2020 · However, retaining wall systems less than five feet in cumulative vertical relief and adjacent to a structure located closer than the vertical relief shall be designed under the responsible charge of a registered design professional and shall require a permit and inspection.
C8 corvette tuning
Title: E:MyFilesInfo Bulletins PDFIB-P-BC 2001-02 Retaining Wall Rev 10-01.prn.pdf Author: dyanagim Created Date: 11/5/2001 7:44:32 AM
Oct 09, 2020 · The interlocking retaining wall block can be used to build walls up to 24 to 36 inches high, depending on the size of the block. Follow the block manufacturer's instructions for wall height limits. Plan your layout. Avoid having downspouts pointed at the retaining wall and, if it's against the house, keep soil and mulch well below the siding. retaining walls on land. Design of maritime structures and assessment of existing retaining walls are beyond its scope. Temporary structures which are used to support the sides of deep excavations (e.g. strutted and anchored walls formed with sheet piles, soldier piles, grouted † not backfilling behind masonry retaining walls until they are permanently supported or (for self-supporting walls) have reached their design strength † installing no-go zones, identified by barricades or other physical identifiers, to keep people outside of potential collapse zones. (This is not an adequate control measure for Segmental Retaining Walls Retain-A-Rock™ is a true gravity block retaining wall system designed around a 2.23 square metre (24 sq ft) precast concrete block. Relying on its mass and interlocking design, there’s no need for mechanical tie backs for most walls up to 3.66m high (12’ ft). Steel Reinforcing in Retaining Wall Systems AS4100 sets out the minimum requirements for the design, fabrication, erection, and modification of steelwork in structures. So when working with steel reinforcing for retaining walls, it is important to consider its quality. Retaining Walls Retaining Wall Analysis and Design. This retaining wall calculation for both Eurocode and USA reliably checks the analysis, or analysis and design of cast-in-place reinforced concrete or masonry retaining walls. The wall stem may be either cantilevered or propped and may feature either stepped or inclined faces. Proper retaining wall design requires evaluation of the following: 1. Select the retaining wall location. Minimize soil excavation and backfill. Optimize grading and drainage patterns. Consider existing site features. 2. Determine retaining wall height and geometry. Calculate the retaining wall height at its tallest position.